NOMIKOS NIKOLAOS REAL ESTATE
At Realamorgos office , we pride ourselves on the fact that we continue to be the real estate agency of choice for people searching for property here on the islands of Amorgos and in Small Cyclades. If you are looking for the best property in Amorgos and in Small Cyclades, Nomikos Nikolaos Real Estate are here to help, and we have choices for your ideal property (villas, holiday homes, apartments, town houses, detached houses, renovation projects, new build homes, off plan developments, building plots and commercial property, on the island of Amorgos and in Small Cyclades). Please browse our extensive portfolio of our properties for sale. Whatever you are looking for, we will endeavour to find that perfect property just for you.
Nomikos Nikolaos Real Estate Company consists of expert realtors that managing residential and commercial properties in Amorgos Island in Greece.
The company is also active in the field of construction, building permitting and renovations.
With more than 10 years of experincie, our company guarantees:
We also, operate a legal and tax department, in order to help our customers complete a real estate transaction in Greece, handling all the procedures, to take advantage of the Greek law, avoiding any kind of bureaucracy.
For those interested in combining a property in Greece, with a 5 years European residence permit (Golden Visa), our company, has the knowledge to make a unique offer for a European residence permit, starting from only 250.000 € per person.
ABOUT AMORGOS ISLAND
Amorgos (Greek: Αμοργός is the easternmost island of the Greek Cyclades island group, and the nearest island to the neighboring Dodecanese island group. Along with several neighboring islets, the largest of which is Nikouria Island, it comprises the municipality of Amorgos, which has a land area of 126.346 square kilometres (48.782 square miles), and a population of 1.973 (2011 census).
Due to Amorgos' position opposite the ancient beaches of Ionian towns, such as Militos, Alikarnassos and Ephesos, it became one of the first places from which the Ionians passed through to the Cyclades Islands and onto the Greek mainland.
Throughout history, Amorgos was also known as Yperia, Patagy, or Platagy, Pagali, Psichia and Karkisia.
Amorgos features a lot of remnants of ancient civilizations. At the time of Archaic Greece, there were three independent city-states there. They are believed to have featured autonomous constitutions but the same currency. Amorgos is distinguished by the size and quality of the walls surrounding the city of Arkesini, by the ancient towers whose remains are scattered all over the island, by the ancient tombs, the stone tools, the inscriptions, the vases and by other antiquities.
Due to the name Minoa we suspect that Amorgos had been colonised by the Cretans from ancient times, but there are no archeological remains supporting this view.
Early Cycladic period
Dokathismata figurine, Early Cycladic II, Syros phase (2800–2300 BC). Goulandris Museum of Cycladic Art
Almost a dozen separate inhabited centres are known in this period. Amorgos is the origin of many famous Cycladic figurines. ‘Dokathismata style’ figurines were originally found here. Cycladic sculptures had been discovered from the cemeteries at Aghia Paraskevi, Aghios Pavlos, Dokathismata, Kapros, Kapsala, Nikouria and Stavros.
'Kapsala Cycladic figurines', dating around 2700 B.C., are named after a find place in Amorgos. This is the earliest of the 'canonical types' – a reclining female with folded arms. They tend to have slender and elongated proportions. At this time, anatomical features such as arms are modeled three-dimensionally. With the later types, sculptors tended to render this feature with incised lines.
'Dokathismata Cycladic figurines' date from a somewhat later period of 2400–2100 BC. Compared to the statuettes of the Spedos type—the most common and renowned type of figurines featuring finely modeled and somewhat rounded shapes—the statuettes of the Dokathismata type tend to have a more slender and sometimes angular silhouette.
Part of the island is named Aspis, where the ancient temple of the goddess Aphrodite stood.
In approximately 630 BC, the poet Semonides led the foundation of a Samian colony on Amorgos. The Periplus of Pseudo-Scylax mentions it as Tripolis. With the passing of time, the island's name changed to Amolgon and Amourgon. In the 5th century, Bishop Theodore, who attended a synod in Constantinople, signed as Bishop of the Parians, Sifnians, and Amoulgians. It was known as Yamurgi during Ottoman rule between 1566–1829.
On 9 July 1956, a very large earthquake occurred that generated a local tsunami of up to 30 m (98 ft). The shock had a moment magnitude of 7.8 and had a maximum Mercalli intensity of IX (Violent). Fifty-three people were killed and 100 were injured.
The monastery of Panagia Hozoviotissa is situated on the cliff side, northeast of Chora. It was built early in the second millennium in order to protect a religious icon, dating from the year 812, from intruders. The icon is on public display inside the monastery. Opening time for visitors every day from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m and 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Visitors have to be dressed decently in order to enter. Men have to wear long trousers and women a skirt or a wrap around shift down to the knee, not trousers. The shift may however be over trousers. As of July 2012, the monastery is active and houses three practising monks.
Tourism is going up slowly, although the island features prevent mass tourism. The island is accessible only by boat. The 3 main places of tourist accommodations are Katapola, Aegiali and Chora. Hiking ways are relatively well maintained. Other activities are scuba diving, activities relating to wellness, and the beaches (although it is not the main attraction of the island compared to other Greek islands).